- Similar to a real controller for a video game, Enemy Controller required a cost of 1000 Life Points and specific "codes" to activate its effects. The code to take control of an opposing monster was ← - → - A - B, while the code to destroy the monster was ↑ - ← - ↓ - → - A.
- This card's artwork was different in the anime, having a different background from the real card.
- In episode 129, Seto Kaiba uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. When Yugi activates "Change of Heart" to take control of "X-Head Cannon", Kaiba activates this card to regain control of "X-Head Cannon".
- In episode 136, Kaiba uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. He uses this card to take control of Joey's "Little-Winguard". Later Joey activates "Graverobber" to steal this card from the Graveyard and activate its effect, allowing Joey to destroy Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2012 Special: Joey vs. Kaiba, Kaiba uses this card in his Duel with Joey. activates this card by paying 1000 LP to take control of Joey's "Alligator's Sword Dragon" until the End Phase. He then Tributes "Alligator's Sword Dragon" and "Battle Ox" to Tribute Summon "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- In the non-canon duel World Championship 2016 Special: Yugi vs. Kaiba, Kaiba uses this card in his Duel with Yugi Muto. He activates it in response to Yugi activating "Magic Cylinder" from his hand via the effect of "Ebon High Magician", Tributing his attacking "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" to take control of "Ebon High Magician" until the End Phase and cause "Magic Cylinder" to resolve without effect since its original target left the field. Yugi responds with the effect of "Ebon High Magician" to activate "Dark Illusion" from his hand, negating this card's activation and destroying it since it targeted a DARK monster on the field.
- Corse has this card in his Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus.