- The Light of Destruction saw an opportunity when Aster's father started making Destiny HERO cards. When Mr. Phoenix began creating this card, the Light of Destruction started influencing him into creating a vessel for its essence. Mr. Phoenix tried to resist, but was unable to and eventually created this card. A design of this card was found by the D and a younger Aster ran over and revealed it was the design for a card that his father was creating. The D returned the paper to Aster, but the D saw this as a chance to get some good luck. Soon enough, the D broke into Aster's house to take this card. He found the card, but Mr. Phoenix caught him and told him to put it down as it was dangerous. The D refuses, but this allows the Light of Destruction to take over his body. As a result he became a host of the Dark Light and killed (kidnapped in the dub) Aster's father before taking away this card along with some other cards that help support it.
- In episode 79, this card appeared in Sarina's backstory when she explains to Jaden Yuki and his friends that after the strong bond between her and her brother was formed due to them being shunned by many people due to their abilities, Sartorius began to change. the D, wanting to do something about this card, showed this card to Sartorius and asked what should he do with it. When Sartorius made physical contact with the card, the Light of Destruction imbued itself into Sartorius, making him the main host of the Light of Destruction instead of the D (a small portion still remained in him though). Sarina witnessed this, but could do nothing about it. Sartorius then returned this card to the D shortly after and told him to keep the card.
- This card was silhouetted off when it was shown in this episode.
- In episode 97, the D uses this card during his Duel against Doctor Collector. He Special Summons this card by Tributing "Enigma the Creator" and two Metal Fiend Tokens. The D then activates this card's effect to equip "Cosmo Queen" onto this card and increase its ATK by half of the ATK of "Cosmo Queen". This card then attacks "Ebon Magician Curran" (since "D - Force" is the D's top card and the effects of Doctor Collector's three "Magician's Valkyrias" are negated). Doctor Collector activates "Nightmare Wheel" in response to the attack, but it doesn't affect this card due to "D - Force" being The D's top card. This card then destroys "Ebon Magician Curran", winning the D the duel. Only the D and Doctor Collector know the end result of the duel.
- In episode 98, the D uses this card during his Duel against Aster Phoenix. He Special Summons this card by Tributing his two Plasma Tokens and one Metal Fiend Token. The D then activates this card's effect to equip "Destiny HERO - Dogma" to this card, increase its ATK by half of "Dogma's" ATK and gaining any effects "Dogma" has. This card then attacks directly. The D then activates "D - Force" and places it on top of his Deck, giving this card immunity to Aster's Spells and Traps and negating the effects of all of Aster's face-up monsters. On Aster's Standby Phase, the effect this card gained from "Dogma" activates, halving Aster's Life Points. After Aster Normal Summons "Destiny HERO - Doom Lord", he activates the latter's effect to banish this card for two turns, but it doesn't work due to "D - Force" being The D's top card. Later the D activates "Drain Time" and declares Standby Phase for its effect in order to make both players skip their next Standby Phase. This card then attacks "Doom Lord", but Aster activates "D - Counter" to destroy this card, however this doesn't work either due to "D - Force" being The D's top card. This card then destroys "Doom Lord". On the D's next turn, he uses this card to attack directly. The D then activates "Dust Tornado" to destroy "Clock Tower Prison", but Aster activates "Eternal Dread" and "Greed Pact" in response with all three activated cards resolving in reverse order. First, "Greed Pact" makes both players draw one card. This makes the D draw "D - Force" and removes this card's immunity and negation effects. "Eternal Dread" then adds two Clock Counters to "Clock Tower Prison", giving it a total of four Clock Counters. "Dust Tornado" then destroys "Clock Tower Prison", but this activates the latter's final effect, allowing Aster to Special Summon "Destiny HERO - Dreadmaster". Aster then activates the first effect of "Dreadmaster" to Special Summon "Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude" and "Destiny HERO - Captain Tenacious" from his Graveyard. At the end of the Battle Phase, the D activates "D - Force" and places it back on top of his Deck, making this card invincible again and restoring its negation effects. The D then activates "Unfair Judge" to allow him to conduct another Battle Phase this turn and allow this card to attack every monster Aster controls once each. This card then attacks and destroys "Captain Teancious", "Diamond Dude", and "Dreadmaster". On Aster's next Standby Phase, the effect this card gained from "Dogma" activates, halving Aster's Life Points. Aster discards "Destiny HERO - Dark Angel" to place it on top of the D's Deck, which renders this card vulnerable. Aster then activates "Dark City" and Normal Summons "Destiny HERO - Celestial". "Celestial" then attacks this card. Aster then activates the effect of "Celestial" effect to destroy "Dogma" and inflict 500 damage to the D. This returns this card's ATK to normal. Due to the effect of "Dark City", "Celestial" gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only. Before the attack goes through, the D reveals that "Plasma" has absorbed many human souls, which includes Mr. Phoenix. Aster is hesitant on attacking, but his father tells him to do so, since the D is just a pawn, so Aster reluctantly continues his attack. "Celestial" then destroys this card, winning Aster the duel though he feels sad and guilty on doing so. After the duel, this card is purified from the Light of Destruction. Aster then takes this card and its support cards for himself after winning.
- In episode 100, Aster shows this card to Sartorius and asks if this reminds him of anything. He states the Light of Destruction's power made the D's wicked heart be exposed even more, which made him kill Mr. Phoenix. Aster then states that he learned that the Light of Destruction now clings onto Sartorius' body. Sartorius confirms so and claims it was his destiny. Aster questions the meaning of this. Sartorius then explains that the origin of all things is the light. The Light of Destruction was born from the universe itself and Sartorius claims that was when tragedy struck Aster's father (this card is shown when the Light of Destruction took residence in this card). After that, the D had come to Sartorius through Aster as he feared that the destructive power in this card would one day ruin him, which was why he asked Sartorius to assess the card's abilities. The Light of Destruction was then shown imbuing almost all of its power and itself into Sartorius (this card is shown when this happens). Sartorius claims that was when his fate was decided and he declares that his mission and fate was to rebuild the imperfect world.
- This card is also shown in a flashback Aster has when he remembers his father telling him that the true power of the Light of Destruction resides in Sartorius.
- In episode 101, Aster uses this card during his Duel against Sartorius. He Special Summons this card by Tributing "D3" (who counted as three Tributes due to its own effect). Aster then activates this card's effect to equip "Arcana Force XXI - The World" onto this card, increase its ATK by half the ATK of "The World", and granting this card all of the effects of "The World". Aster then activates "D - Force" and places it on top of his Deck to give this card immunity to Sartorius' Spells and Traps and negating the effects of all of Sartorius' face-up monsters. This card then attacks directly, but Sartorius discards "Arcana Force XIV - Temperance" to nullify the Battle Damage he would take. Aster then banishes the "D - Burst" in his Graveyard to decrease this card's ATK by 1000 and allow it to attack again. This card then attacks directly. Later "Arcana Force EX - The Light Ruler" attacks and destroys this card, defeating Aster.
- In episode 141, Aster uses this card during his duel against a Goblin Elite Attack Force soldier. Aster uses this card, "Destiny HERO - Captain Tenacious", "Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude", and "Destiny HERO - Doom Lord" to attack directly and win the Duel.
- Later Aster summons this card when he and Zane reach the prison camp.
- In episode 142, this monster and "Cyber End Dragon" are shown being summoned by Zane and Aster when they reach the village Axel Brodie is at with reinforcements.
- In episode 143, Aster uses this card during his duel against the Skilled Dark Magician and Skilled White Magician. He Special Summons this card through unknown means. Later the magicians activate the effect of "Demise, King of Armageddon" to destroy this card, but since "D - Force" is currently the top card of Aster's Deck, the effect of "Demise" is negated. "Demise" then attacks this card, but Aster activates "Plasma Counter" to halve the ATK of "Demise" and increase this card's ATK by 1500. This card then destroys "Demise", winning Aster the duel.
- In episode 145, Aster uses this card during his duel against Adrian Gecko. He Special Summons this card by Tributing "D3", "Destiny HERO - Malicious" and "Destiny HERO - Departed". Aster then activates "Drain Time" and declares Battle Phase for its effect in order to make both players skip their next Battle Phase. On Adrian's next Standby Phase, Aster activates "Plasma Roar", which gains a Plasma Counter. Aster intends to place two Plasma Counters on "Plasma Roar" and activate the final effect of "Plasma Roar" to send the latter to the Graveyard, destroy this card, and inflict damage to Adrian equal to half of this card's ATK. On Aster's next Standby Phase, "Departed" is Special Summoned to Adrian's side of the field due to its first effect. This card then attacks "Departed", but Adrian activates "Defense Seal Wall" to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. Aster then activates this card's first effect to equip "Departed" onto it and increase its ATK by half of "Departed's" ATK. On the last turn of the Duel, "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" attacks this card, but Aster activates "Plasma Discharger" to destroy "Departed" and end Adrian's Battle Phase, however Adrian activates "Rage of the Forbidden One" to negate the effect of "Plasma Discharger". "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" then attacks this card. Adrian then activates the third effect of "Exodius" to send "Exodia the Forbidden One" from his hand to the Graveyard, which increases the ATK of "Exodius" by 1000. "Exodius" then destroys this card. Since there are five Forbidden One monsters in Adrian's Graveyard and "Exodius" was face-up on the field, Adrian automatically won the Duel.
- In episode 149, this card is shown in a flashback Adrian has when he remembers obtaining Exodia and sacrificing Echo to do so.
- In episode 166, Aster uses this card during his duel against Chazz Princeton. He Special Summons this card by Tributing "Dreadmaster", "Celestial", and "Destiny HERO - Defender". Aster then activates this card's effect to equip one of Chazz's "Armed Dragon LV7" copies onto this card and increase its ATK by the half the ATK of "Armed Dragon LV7". Aster then activates "D - Chain" and equips it to this card, increasing its ATK by 500. This card then attacks and destroys Chazz's last "Armed Dragon LV7". "D - Chain" then inflicts 500 damage to Chazz. Aster then activates "D - Acceleration" to destroy all Equip Cards on this card and halve this card's ATK in order to allow it to attack again. This card then attacks directly, but Chazz activates "Level Bond" to revive one of his "Armed Dragon LV7" copies. A replay then occurs and Aster chooses not to attack. Aster then activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with "Dogma" in order to Fusion Summon "Destiny End Dragoon".
- In the dub, this card's attack is "Vengeful Rain". In the original, its attack is "Bloody Fears" and its effect is "Gravity Blood".
- This card is considered as the "ultimate Destiny HERO monster" by Aster Phoenix. In addition, in the anime, it is revealed that it could absorb human souls. The first soul was Mr. Phoenix's. After Aster defeated it in his duel with The D all of the souls within Plasma are freed and can now rest in peace.
Ultimate D - Card
The Utlimate D - Card (究極のＤのカード), is the commonly used nickname for "Destiny Hero - Plasma". "D" stands for Destiny. In the English dub, when not being referred to by name, Plasma is referred to as "The Ultimate Destiny Card" by The D. It was first introduced into the anime by a defeated Sarina, Aster invests most of his time and energy into finding this mysterious card that was stolen from his kidnapped (murdered in the Japanese version) father during the Genex tournament. His efforts eventually lead him to The D, who reveals that the Ultimate D - Card drains the souls of its victims, as seen with Aster's father and Doctor Collector. Also, he learns that the Light of Destruction infected this card, and will also infect anyone who comes in close contact with it, trying Aster's predicament to the possessed Sartorius. Upon defeating The D, Aster manages to purify the tainted card from the Light of Destruction. Afterwards, "Destiny Hero - Plasma" ("D-HERO - Bloo-D") becomes the centerpiece to his Destiny Hero Deck.