- In episode 60, Yami Yugi plays this card during his Duel against Arkana as he knew Arkana had cheated so that he would draw his "Dark Magician" in his first hand.
- In episode 66, this card appears in Kaiba's briefcase before he closes it.
- In episode 71, Yugi plays this while teaming with Seto Kaiba against Umbra and Lumis after the latter implies that the cards in his hand are useless. This lets Kaiba use "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon the discarded "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from his Graveyard. This also sends Yugi's "Beast of Gilfer" to the Graveyard which in turn activated its effect, equipping itself to "The Masked Beast" and reducing its ATK.
- In episode 76, the Marik Ishtar-possessed Joey Wheeler takes this card from Yugi's hand after Yugi activates "Exchange". This is the beginning of Joey resisting Marik, who had told him to take "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from Yugi's hand. In the next episode, this card is still shown to be in Joey's hand.
- In episode 83, this card is seen in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Yami Bakura. In the next episode, this card is still shown to be in Yami Yugi's hand.
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck.
- In episode 111, Yugi plays this card, forcing The Big Five to discard their hand, preventing them from playing "A Legendary Ocean", which they had just retrieved with the Flip Effect of "Magician of Faith".
- In episode 118, Yugi plays this card against Noah Kaiba, preventing him from playing the "Inaba White Rabbit" he had just retrieved with "Groundbreaking".
- In episode 129, this card is seen in a flashback Yugi has when he remembers the last time he used "Exchange" and how the latter card helped him save Joey from Marik's mind control.
- In episode 131, Yugi plays this card in a combo with "Disgraceful Charity", letting both players recover their discarded cards and increasing "Slifer the Sky Dragon"'s ATK to 6000.
- In episode 163, Yugi plays this card against Yami. Up until this point, their hands had been identical, but this move causes their cards and paths to diverge.
- In episode 220, this card is shown when Yami Yugi is shown building his Deck for the Ceremonial Battle.
- In episode 65, Mad Dog plays this card against Zane Truesdale in a combo with "Rust Machine Virus of Acid". This in turn caused Zane to draw four Machine-types and this caused "Rust Machine Virus of Acid" to destroy all those Machines and inflict 500 damage to Zane for each Machine destroyed.
- In episode 72, Howard X Miller plays this card in his opening move against Jaden Yuki. One of the cards X discarded was "Elegant Light LV4". Discarding that card activated its effect, allowing X to summon "Trap Sluzer".
- In chapter 5, Bastion Misawa plays this card, correctly guessing that Jaden Yuki's hand contained "Polymerization".
- In episode 86, Giant used this card in his Ground Duel against Kalin Kessler. He intended to have this card's effect force Kalin to draw four new cards. Doing this will activate the effect of Giant's "Illegal Keeper", returning Kalin's hand to his Deck and inflicting 1000 damage to Kalin. However Kalin activates "Full Salvo", sending his hand to the Graveyard and inflicting 200 damage to Giant for each card sent this way. With four sent this way, Giant takes 800 damage. Since Kalin's hand was empty, only Giant was forced to discard.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D Bonds Beyond Time, this card appears in Paradox's explanation when he tells Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei that the reason why he came to the past was so that he could prevent his own bad future from happening. Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei disagreed with going along with Paradox's plan as Paradox's actions will destroy and ruin their eras in time since they revolved around Duel Monsters.
- Jaden Yuki, Chumley Huffington, Lyman Banner, Amnael, Kagemaru, Blair Flannigan, Slade Princeton, Jagger Princeton, Wade, Lioside, Corey, Nova, Hide, Disa, Lily and Inoso use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.