Duelist Kingdom arcEdit
- In episode 22, this card appear within Kaiba's thought when he notes to himself that his true aim in this Duel is to summon this card. This card was silhouetted off when it was shown in Kaiba's thought.
- This card first appeared during Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto's duel atop Pegasus' Castle. It was summoned via "Polymerization". After it was summoned, Kaiba sent it to destroy Yugi's "Giant Soldier of Stone". Yugi then summons "Kuriboh" and then he transforms "Kuriboh" into an ever-growing wall of "Kuriboh" clones via "Multiply". This card attacks the wall, but the attack does no damage to Yugi and the destroyed "Kuriboh" clones are instantly replaced with new clones. Yugi then used a combination of "Living Arrow", "Polymerization", and "Mammoth Graveyard" to infect the dragon with an "imperfect fusion", resulting in its ATK decreasing by 1200 every turn while Yugi's "Kuriboh" and "Multiply" combo acted as a defensive shield for his Life Points. After it was weakened enough, Yugi used "Celtic Guardian" to attack this card, but it only succeeded in cutting off one of its heads(Bakura explains that this card is a fusion of three monsters and as such each head had its own amount of ATK which they all share). Kaiba was unwilling to lose the Duel as he will lose the only chance at saving his brother if he does. He backs away to the ledge and states he will jump if Yugi attacks(in the dub, he says the attack's shockwave will throw him off the ledge). Kaiba then resurrected the head Yugi previously destroyed with "Monster Reborn". The resurrected head was 100% clean and healthy and because it was summoned after the imperfect fusion, it is not affected by the imperfect fusion. Yugi was hesitant on making his winning move because if he wins, he might kill Kaiba in the process but if he loses, he may lose the only chance at saving his grandfather. When Yami tried to attack one of the remaining decayed heads with "Celtic Guardian", Yugi stopped the attack at the last moment and ended his turn as he was unable to watch Kaiba fall to his death. On the last turn of the duel, Kaiba used the healthy head to destroy "Celtic Guardian", winning him the duel.
- In episode 23, this card appears within Kaiba's thoughts when he notes his goal on fusing his three "Blue-Eyes" together to form "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon". The only difficulty, according to Kaiba, would be drawing this card. This card also appears in a different thought Kaiba has when he notes that he will have to keep the two "Blue-Eyes" in his hand for the moment until he draws the last "Blue-Eyes" and "Polymerization".
- In episode 24, this card appears in a flashback Yugi has when he remembers Yami Yugi nearly making his winning move against Kaiba despite that he and Yugi knew full well that Kaiba will fall off the ledge if he attacks. The attack was stopped by Yugi at the last moment because he couldn't bear to see Kaiba fall to his death. This led to Yugi being defeated. Yugi notes Yami Yugi would have killed Kaiba if he didn't stop him and that there was no other choice. Yugi wonders if he would ever duel again since he could not control Yami Yugi at that point and it may happen again.
- In episode 30, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel with Kaiba on top of the castle and Kaiba wagering his life right when Yami Yugi was about to win. Yami notes that he thought if he had lost, he would have lost his pride as a duelist, but instead he realized something else.
- In episode 43, this card appears on the rack of cards that Yugi, Joey, and Mokuba pass by while they are going through a town.
- This card's second and final physical appearance during this arc was near the end of the Legendary Heroes storyline, where Kaiba fused his three "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"s to summon it, then immediately combined it with Yugi's "Black Luster Soldier" to create "Dragon Master Knight".
Battle City/Virtual World arcsEdit
- During Kaiba's duel against a computer of his own design to test the power of "Obelisk the Tormentor", the computer summoned this card by using "Lord of D." and "The Flute of Summoning Dragon" to Special Summon two "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" to the field. It then used "Polymerization" to fuse the two "Blue-Eyes" with the third already on the field to Fusion Summon this card. As per the Battle City Rules, Fusion Monsters like this card cannot attack on the turn they were Fusion Summoned, so the computer ended its turn. This card was then destroyed by "Obelisk the Tormentor"'s effect. The computer then took 4000 damage, winning Kaiba the Duel.
- In episode 64, this card is shown as one of only two monsters that Weevil Underwood claims surpass his "Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth" in terms of ATK. The only other monster was "Gate Guardian".
- In episode 98, this card appears in a flashback Kaiba has when he recognizes The Big Five as the same people who trapped him in his own virtual reality game.
- During The Big Five's demonstration on how the Deck Master system worked with a duel between a virtual Kaiba and "Total Defense Shogun", virtual Kaiba summoned this card by using "Lord of D." and "The Flute of Summoning Dragon" to bring two "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" to the field, then moving the third (his Deck Master) onto the field as well. Virtual Kaiba then used "Polymerization" to fuse the three dragons together to Fusion Summon "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" which became Virtual Kaiba's new Deck Master. "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" then attacked "Total Defense Shogun" directly via "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"'s Deck Master Ability, but this triggered "Total Defense Shogun"'s Deck Master Ability, resulting in its attack being reflected back onto itself. The "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" was destroyed as a result, and virtual Kaiba lost the duel due to his Deck Master being destroyed.
- This card can be seen when Serenity Wheeler is building her Virtual World deck during episode 106, though she does not select it.
- When Yugi took over for Kaiba in his duel against Noah Kaiba, he summoned this card towards the end of the duel by using "Monster Reborn" to resurrect the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" already in the Graveyard, then using "Polymerization" to fuse it with the two in his hand. He then used "Quick Attack" to let the dragon attack the turn it was created. It was then used to destroy Noah's "Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi", before being diffused by "De-Fusion" so Yugi could win the duel.
- In episode 131, this card is seen in a series of flashbacks Kaiba has when he notes to himself that he always feels excited when he Duels against Yugi.
- During Yugi and Kaiba's duel in the Battle City finals, Kaiba summoned this card by resurrecting the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" in his Graveyard with "Monster Reborn" and then fusing it with the two that were already on the field with "Polymerization". Shortly after Yugi used "Double Spell" to copy the Spells that Kaiba had already activated this turn, so he could Fusion Summon out "Dark Paladin". Kaiba then attacked Yugi's "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" with this card, but Yugi activated "Magic Formula", increasing "Dark Paladin"'s ATK by 500, but Kaiba countered that with "Absorb Spell", transferring the bonus to this card, but Yugi then activated "De-Fusion", turning the "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" back into three separate "Blue-Eyes White Dragons".
- In episode 135, this card is seen in a series of flashbacks that Yugi has when he notes to himself that his rivalry with Kaiba allowed him to fight harder and reach new heights.
Waking the DragonsEdit
- In episode 164, this card appears in a flashback that Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel with Kaiba at Duelist Kingdom and how he let his pride over winning get the better of him.
- During his and Yami Yugi's duel against Dartz, Kaiba summoned this card by fusing the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" he already had on the field with the two in his hand. A bit later, Yami Yugi fused it with his own "Black Luster Soldier" to create "Dragon Master Knight". Yugi later used "De-Fusion" to re-summon this card and "Black Luster Soldier". This card was eventually destroyed by a "Mirror Knight Token".
- In episode 182, Kaiba Summons this card to aide in the battle against The Great Leviathan. Yami, Joey, and Kaiba, after bringing out three monsters each, then summoned their Legendary Dragons. Yami then used "Legend of Heart" to transform the Dragons into the three Legendary Knights. All the monsters summoned by Yami, Joey, and Kaiba then attack The Great Leviathan, but it doesn't work. When the Great Leviathan counterattacks, Yami quickly has Timaeus absorb the power of "Big Shield Gardna" to protect everyone from the attack. While this saves the chosen Duelists and the Legendary Knights, it doesn't save the other monsters summoned by the Chosen Duelists as they were destroyed by the attack.
Dawn of the DuelEdit
- Kaiba summoned this card against Zorc Necrophades by combining his three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" cards(the three "Blue-Eyes" represented the souls of himself, the Priest Seto, and Kisara). After Yami Yugi as Pharaoh Atem sees this monster, he picks up the Millennium Scale and uses it to combine himself and Kaiba into this monster in order to form the "Dragon Master Knight"(the "Black Luster Soldier" on top of this monster represented Atem's soul).
- In episode 222, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he reminds Yugi that he taught him that a person's life is much more important than winning.
- In episode 18, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Syrus Truesdale has when he notes to Jaden Yuki all the accomplishments that Yugi made in Duelist Kingdom and Battle City.
- In episode 34, Kaibaman plays this card against Jaden Yuki. It is Summoned through "Polymerization". This card then attacks Jaden's "Elemental HERO Bladedge". but Jaden activates "Edge Hammer", Tributing "Bladedge" to destroy this card and inflicts its ATK as damage to Kaibaman. However Kaibman then activates "De-Fusion" to defuse this card back into three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons". This in turn negates "Edge Hammer" as it had now lost its original target.
- This monster's statue appeared in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 015.
- During the virtual duel at the beginning of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light, virtual Kaiba summoned this card, then doubled its ATK with "Megamorph". It was destroyed by "Obelisk the Tormentor"'s effect, winning Yugi the duel.
- Later on, during his actual duel against Yugi, Kaiba summoned this card by fusing the two "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" in his hand with the one on the field. It then destroyed Yugi's "Magician's Valkyria". Yugi later weakened this card with the effect of "Sorcerer of Dark Magic", allowing him to use the latter monster to destroy this card. Kaiba later resurrected it with "Monster Reborn". He then tributes it to summon "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon".
- When "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" was first played, each "head" had its own ATK and DEF. If a head was destroyed it could be Special Summoned from the Graveyard as a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" head. In the real game, this would be impossible, as "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon has no effect.
- Its attack name in the Japanese anime is Ultimate Burst, while in the English anime, it is called Neutron Blast.