- This card's attack name is Chaos Blade.
- In the anime's Spanish dub, this card is known as "Soldado del Fulgor Negro".
- In episode 30, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Mai Valentine. He Ritual Summons this card via "Black Luster Ritual". This card then attacks and destroys Mai's "Harpie's Pet Dragon". As there was nothing she could do to win against this card and she didn't want to see her "Harpie Lady Sisters" be destroyed, Mai surrenders the Duel and Yami Yugi wins by default.
- In episode 45, Yami Yugi uses this card during the battle against the Mythic Dragon. He Ritual Summons this card via "Black Luster Ritual". Since this card wasn't a Dragon-type monster, it couldn't attack. Later Yami Yugi activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with Seto Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" and Fusion Summon "Dragon Master Knight".
- In episode 50, this card appears in a flashback Téa Gardner has when she notes that Yugi and Yami Yugi are the outer and inner parts of Yugi's heart.
- In episode 106, this card can be seen when Duke Devlin, Tristan Taylor, and Serenity Wheeler were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against Nezbitt.
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In episode 120, Yugi Muto summons this card to destroy a "Skull Knight" that Gozaburo Kaiba summoned in order to stop Yugi and his friends from escaping the Virtual World.
Waking the Dragons
- In episode 177, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Tag Duel with Kaiba against Dartz. He summons this card via "Black Luster Ritual". On Yami Yugi's next turn, he activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" in order to Fusion Summon "Dragon Master Knight". In the next episode, "Dragon Master Knight" attacks directly via "Reflect Energy", but Dartz activates the effect of "Orichalcos Deuteros", Tributing "Orichalcos Gigas" to destroy "Dragon Master Knight". Yami Yugi then activates "De-Fusion" to return "Dragon Master Knight" to the Extra Deck and Special Summon this card and "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" from the Graveyard. This negates the effect of "Orichalcos Deuteros" since its original target had been removed from the field. Later two of Dartz's Mirror Knight Tokens attack this card and "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon". Due to the effect of the tokens, their ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the monster they are battling during damage calculation only. Dartz then removes the Shield Counters on the attacking tokens to prevent their destruction, so only this card and "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" are destroyed.
- In episode 183, Yami Yugi uses this card in the battle against The Great Leviathan. After the three chosen Duelists each summon out three monsters, they all use their monsters to attack the Great Leviathan. Despite the chosen Duelists' monsters being joined by other Duel Spirits, the Great Leviathan suffers no visible damage from the attacks. The Great Leviathan then attacks, destroying all of the monsters the chosen Duelists summoned, including the three Legendary Knights.
- In episode 196, this card is shown within Leon von Schroeder's backstory flashback when he is shown watching Yugi's Duels on television.
- In episode 218, during the battle with Zorc Necrophades, Pharaoh Atem becomes this monster's form thanks to the Millennium Puzzle. He then uses the Millennium Scale to fuse with Seto Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" to form "Dragon Master Knight" in an attempt to destroy Zorc, but it fails.
- In episode 220, this card is shown when Yami Yugi is shown building his Deck for the Ceremonial Battle.
- This card appears in the GX Japanese closing song, Borderline Battle.
- In episode 180, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He selects this card, "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior" and "Buster Blader" for the effect of Jaden Yuki's "Subspace Battle" while Jaden chose "Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab", "Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin", and "Elemental Hero Clayman". Since all three of Yugi's chosen monsters were stronger than all of Jaden's chosen monsters, all of Jaden's chosen monsters are sent to the Graveyard and he takes 1500 damage (500 for each monster sent to the Graveyard) while all of Yugi's chosen monsters are added to his hand.
- In episode 124, Roku uses this card during his Tag Duel with Kaze against Girag. In the next episode, this card and "Blade Armor Ninja" are destroyed by "Chaos Number 106: Giant Red Hand", winning Girag the duel.
- The card is featured Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour in the booster pack Infinite Illusion.
- Yami Yugi will offer his "Black Luster Soldier" to the Player in exchange for a "Dark Magician" (despite not using "Black Luster Soldier" in any of his Decks).