- "Ancient Fairy Dragon" was taken captive by the "Earthbound Immortals", after their battle with the Signer Dragons and the "Crimson Dragon".
- As a little girl, Luna was sent to the Duel Monsters Spirit World. Here "Ancient Fairy Dragon" watched over her.
- At the age of 11, Luna returns to the Spirit's world. She encounters "Ancient Fairy Dragon" in the "Ancient Forest", which has been destroyed by Professor Frank, and the dragon is sealed in a crag. When Luna regains her free will, the dragon breaks free and attempts to destroy Frank, whose presence causes the forest to degrade.
- This card appears to represent Luna as it has the lowest ATK of the six Signer Dragons which references to Luna being the youngest of the six Signers. This card's first effect appears to reference to how this card brought Luna into the Spirit World on various occasions, but these end up causing Luna to fall either comatose or into a trance. This card's second effect may reference to how Luna destroyed the Minus Curse in the Duel Monster Spirit World in episode 50, which eventually lead to the residents and the Duel Monster Spirit World to be healed and after Devack is defeated.
- See also: Ancient Fairy Dragon (character).
- In the Japanese version, this monster's attack name is "Eternal Sunshine" (エターナル・サンシャイン) and Field destroying effect name is "Plain Back" (プレイン・バック).
- While summoning this card, Luna chants "The holy light of protection, shine now and become eternal life! Synchro Summon! A regal birth, Ancient Fairy Dragon!".
This monster appears in the 2nd intro and ending, 3rd ending, 4th Opening and Ending, and 5th Opening and Ending.
- In episode 47, Devack holds this card up to Luna and she recognizes it. He then tells Luna he knows this card is hers, but she will have to Duel him, if she wants to get this card back.
- In episode 50, Devack uses this card during his Ground Duel against Leo and Luna (It was originally Devack against Leo, but Luna eventually arrived and took over for Leo, but still used the latter's Deck). He Special Summons this card via "Cursed Prison". On Devack's next turn, "Earthbound Immortal Cusillu" attacks "Power Tool Dragon" (whose ATK was 2000 due to "Roaring Earth"), but Luna activates "Limiter Removal" to double the ATK of "Power Tool Dragon" until the End Phase. Damage is calculated, but Devack activates the effect of "Cusillu" to Tribute this card and prevent the destruction of "Cusillu" as well as halve Luna's Life Points. Luna then activates "Respect Synchron" to revive this card under her control. Later Luna activates this card's second effect to destroy "Closed Forest" and gain 1000 Life Points. This reverts the ATK of "Cusillu" to its original value and negates all of its effects. Luna then equips "Rocket Pilder" and "Pain to Power" to "Power Tool Dragon" and this card respectively. "Power Tool Dragon" then attacks "Cusillu". Due to the effect of "Rocket Pilder", "Power Tool Dragon" is not destroyed, but Leo and Luna still take Battle Damage. At the end of the Damage Step, "Rocket Pilder" decreases the ATK of "Cusillu" by the ATK of "Power Tool Dragon". "Pain to Power" then increases this card's ATK by the Battle Damage Leo and Luna just received (which was 800). This card then attacks "Cusillu". In the next episode, the attack destroys "Cusillu", winning Leo and Luna the Duel. After the Duel, Luna obtains this card and "Regulus" from the latter two's spirit forms as a sign to the Signers, Leo and Trudge that they will help them defeat the Dark Signers. Luna then uses this card to shut down the Monkey Control Unit.
- In episode 57, this card appears in a flashback Rex Goodwin has when he explains to Crow Hogan that ever since he was little, his brother was a genius and he was proud of that, however Roman Goodwin was forced to carry the power of unbelievable destiny. When Roman revealed to Dr. Fudo he broke the seals to the Control units to the Ener-D Reactor, Dr. Fudo quickly grabs the four Signer Dragons in Roman's hand and runs off. Roman's men fire at Dr. Fudo to stop him. One of the blasts hit Dr. Fudo, causing him to drop this card. A wounded Dr. Fudo gives Rex the three Signer Dragons he saved and tells him to shut down the Ener-D Reactor. Rex agrees and goes to try and shut down the reactor.
- In episode 58, this card was shown within the vision Carly shows to Jack when she activates "Enlightenment" and claims this is what will happen when he loses and becomes one of the Dark Signers. In the said vision, Carly and Jack, as Dark Signers defeat and destroy the Signer Dragons and the Crimson Dragon. Jack nearly got consumed by it until he notices Carly's broken glasses. This makes him realize that whatever he is seeing is not true and that the Duel has not ended yet.
- In episode 63, Luna Summons this monster in order to fight off the small shadowy condors that the King of the Netherworld summoned to attack the Signers. In the next episode, this card and "Black Rose Dragon" remain fighting off the shadowy condors until Yusei defeats Goodwin and the King of the Netherworld.
- In episode 78, Luna uses this card during her Turbo Duel with Leo against Lester. She Synchro Summons this card by tuning "Sunlight Unicorn" with "Spore" (who was Level 3 due to Luna activating the effect of "Spore" by banishing "Nettles" from her Graveyard). Luna then activates this card's effect to Special Summon "Fairy Archer" from her hand, but forbidding herself from conducting her Battle Phase this turn Later Lester activates the effect of "Meklord Emperor Skiel" to equip itself with this card and increase the ATK of "Meklord Emperor Skiel" by this card's ATK. Later, Leo activates "Power Break" to return all Equip Cards to their owners' Decks and inflict 500 damage to Lester for each Equip Card returned this way. Since two were returned this way, Lester takes 1000 damage. Since this card was no longer equipped onto "Meklord Emperor Skiel", the latter's ATK decreases to 2200. Later Luna activates "Ancient Sunshine" to banish this card from her Extra Deck and inflict 2100 damage to Lester, but Lester activates "Infinity Force" to reduce the effect damage he takes to 0 and destroy all of Luna's monsters.
- In episode 130, this card appears in a series of flashbacks that Akiza Izinski, Leo, and Luna have when they write about Leo and Luna in the report Carly Carmine was writing about Team 5D's.
- In episode 142, Luna uses this card during her Ground Duel with Jack Atlas and Leo against Aporia. Leo Special Summons this card and "Power Tool Dragon" to their respective owners' side of the field via "Double Ripple". This activates the effect of "Level Cannon" and the effect of "Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk", causing Leo to take 3800 damage and lose the Duel (as both "Power Tool Dragon" and this card are Level 7 for the effect of "Level Cannon"). The Defense Position effect of "Morphtronic Lantron" then activates, which returns Leo into the Duel after the gamble with the Defense Position effect of "Lantron" succeeds. In the next episode, Luna activates this card's effect to destroy "Fortissimo the Mobile Fortress", gain 1000 Life Points, and add "Synchro Monument" from her Deck to her hand. Later "Red Nova Dragon" (whose ATK was 5500 due to its own effect) attacks "Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk" (whose ATK was 1500 due to its own effect and due to "Meklord Army of Wisel" being affected by the Attack Position effect of "Morphtronic Staplen"), but Aporia activates "Chaos Infinity" to switch all Monsters to Attack Position and Special Summon "Meklord Army of Skiel" and "Meklord Astro Mekanikle" from his Graveyard and Deck respectively. This made the ATK of "Asterisk" 8300. This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- In episode 149, Yusei uses this card during his Turbo Duel against Z-one. He Synchro Summons this card by tuning "Scouting Warrior" with "Steam Synchron" through the second effect of "Steam Synchron". Z-one then activates "Empress's Crown" to draw two cards as Yusei Special Summoned a Synchro Monster. In the next episode, "Michion, the Timelord" attacks this card. Due to the first two effects of "Michion", it is not destroyed and Z-one takes no Battle Damage. After damage calculation, the third effect of "Michion" activates, inflicting damage to Yusei equal to half of his current amount of Life Points. "Hailon, the Timelord" attacks this card, but Yusei activates "Scrap-Iron Scarecrow" to negate the attack. "Raphion, the Timelord" then attacks this card, but Yusei activates the effect of "Synchron Believer" to Special Summon it from his hand and negate the attack. "Gabrion, the Timelord" then attacks this card. Due to the first two effects of "Gabrion", it is not destroyed and Z-one takes no Battle Damage. After damage calculation, the third effect of "Gabrion" activates, returning all cards on Yusei's side of the field to his Deck (this card goes back to the Extra Deck when this happens due to this card being a Synchro Monster). Later Yusei activates "Speed Spell - Synchro Panic" to Special Summon this card, "Black-Winged Dragon", "Red Dragon Archfiend", and "Black Rose Dragon" from his Extra Deck. Yusei then activates the third effect of "Life Stream Dragon" and declares one for its effect in order to make all monsters on Yusei's side of the field except "Life Stream Dragon" Level 1 monsters. Yusei then tunes this card, "Black-Winged Dragon", "Red Dragon Archfiend", and "Black Rose Dragon" with "Life Stream Dragon" in order to Limit Over Accel Synchro Summon "Shooting Quasar Dragon". In the following episode, Yusei activates the fourth effect of "Converging Wishes" to return this card to his Extra Deck and force "Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord" (whose ATK was 20000 due to its own effect) to attack "Stardust Dragon" (whose ATK was 20900 due to "Converging Wishes"), but Z-one activates the fourth effect of "Sephylon" to banish "Metaion, the Timelord" from the field in order to prevent "Sephylon's" destruction and nullify the Battle Damage he would take. After Yusei and his friends escape the Divine Temple and get rid of it, Yusei returns this card to Luna.
- In episode 153, this card appears in a flashback Luna has when she notes that because Yusei and everyone was there for her, she no longer runs away from her missions and can face anything that threatens her.
- Luna uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia.
- Luna uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus.