The transformation of "Bujin Yamato" into "Bujintei Susanowo". ("Bujincarnation")
The archetype is centered around protecting your non-Xyz "Bujin" Beast-Warriors with the effects of "Bujingi" monsters and using its own effect to maintain advantage. For example "Bujingi Turtle" and "Bujingi Crane" protect "Yamato" from card effects that target and monsters with higher ATK, respectively, while "Bujingi Quilin" destroys any other face-up threats, paving the way for the Xyz Summon of their main offensive threats, "Bujintei Susanowo" and "Bujintei Kagutsuchi".
- See also their history in the Gagaga Academy Tospedia.
- "Bujin Yamato", "Hirume", "Mikazuchi" and "Arasuda's" hairstyles design are based off Yu-Gi-Oh GX characters respectively Jaden Yuki, Alexis Rhodes, Chazz Princeton and Bastion Misawa.
- Several of the "Bujingis" appear to be based on the ten treasures known as the Tokusa no Kandakara ("10 varieties of the god’s treasure") which are enshrined at Isonokami Shrine. They were holy items given to Nigihayahi, an ancestor of the Mononobe clan, by Amaterasu and brought to earth when she descended from Heaven. These treasures were essentially magical items that could be used in rituals for the purpose of exorcism or purification.
- In particular the three "Bujingis" featured on the "Regalia" series of spell and trap cards are based on the three Imperial Regalia of Japan, all of which were supposedly crafted by the gods.
- Also, the four "Bujin" Xyz Monsters are based off of the four children of the Shinto creator gods Izanami and Izanagi: Kagutsuchi was, briefly, a god of fire and pair's final child together– as his birth caused Izanami to die. The other three children– Amaterasu the Sun goddess, Tsukuyomi the moon god, and Susanoo the storm god– were born from Izanagi wiping his face after failing to bring Izanami back from the land of the dead.
- Every "Bujingi" that forms part of "Bujintei Susanowo" is made of light orange energy, every "Bujin" that forms part of "Bujintei Kagutsuchi" is made of light blue energy, and every "Bujin" that forms part of "Bujintei Tsukuyomi" is made with bright yellow energy. The TCG exclusive ones, "Warg", "Raven" and "Pavo", are made of dark purple energy.
- The Beast-Warrior-Type "Bujin" are the main field fighters, while Beast-Type "Bujin", except "Wolf" and "Warg", support from the Graveyard and Winged Beast-Type "Bujin" support from the hand. "Bujingi Warg", on the other hand, supports from the field, like "Wolf".