Booster Boxes are boxes of booster packs. They are how the booster packs are transported after being manufactured. They will generally have 24 packs for a normal Booster Pack, 30 for a Duelist Pack and 10 for a Starter Deck, Structure Deck or Special Edition .
Advantages of buying a booster box
- The cards is a sealed box cannot be scaled, and as a result customers have a better chance of getting Super Rare and Ultra Rare cards.
- If a customer buys a booster box of a pack that contains a Ghost Rare card, they have a 1/36 chance of getting one. The probability of getting Ghost Rares in one box is .
- Boxes are cheaper per pack and per card than buying booster packs. A booster box of 24 booster packs will have 216 cards and will cost between $0.25 and $0.50 per card (assuming every booster has only commons). Buying the same amount of cards as single boosters will cost between $0.30 and $0.88 per card.
Advantages of buying individual packages
- Customers might not want a full box of the same pack. If the customer wants less than the amount of boosters in a booster box, it is sometimes cheaper to buy the booster packs as opposed to the box.
- If there are an abundant amount of Commons in the Booster, there is a lower chance of accumulating the exact same cards when purchasing individual packs.