|Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants|
Battle Pack 2: La Guerre des Géants
Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants
Battle Pack 2: Guerra dei Giganti
Pacote de Batalha 2: Guerra dos Gigantes
Battle Pack 2: Guerra de los Gigantes
|Number of cards||
|Yugioh-Card database ID||
|French, German, Italian, Spanish||
Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants
Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants is the second booster set in the TCG exclusive Battle Pack series. Like Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, this set is designed specifically for sealed pack play and a focus on battle. This set later received a Round 2 (named Reinforcements outside of North America) expansion pack, adapting it for use in the Draft Format.
- For the very first time, the Egyptian God Cards are playable as legal Effect Monsters with their original artworks.
- Per the set's name, heavily focuses on using Normal Summoned/Tribute Summoned Level 7 and higher monsters to battle, along with numerous cards that focus on changing the outcome of a battle.
- There are 26 Level 7 and higher monsters in the set.
- There are only ten Level 5 and 6 monsters in the set, mostly designed to be inherently Special Summoned to aid in Tribute Summoning, rather than to be used for battle.
- Aside from the Egyptian Gods, there are only 10 cards in the set with effects that can remove monsters from the field without having to destroy them by battle.
- There are only 4 cards in the set that are capable of destroying Spell/Trap Cards: "Beast King Barbaros", "Evocator Chevalier", "Chiron the Mage" and "Photon Wyvern".
- There are no Extra Deck cards in the set.
Each pack contains 5 cards:
The set contains 215 cards:
- 50 Rare cards
- 162 Common cards
- 3 Mosaic Rare-exclusive cards, the Egyptian God Cards
- All other 212 cards are also available as Mosaic Rare
Last year we launched Battle Pack: Epic Dawn to rave reviews from our gaming community but this year we are planning to build a set that's bigger, better, and more bad-ass, we've assembled the largest and most powerful monsters ever created, in a carefully constructed tournament environment. Like the first Battle Pack, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants is designed with sealed play in mind, where Duelists use only their new cards, right out of the packs. War of the Giants is designed to take tactical, skillful play to a level never seen before.High-level monsters have always been popular with Duelists, but their high-risk, high-reward nature has made them risky in tournament play. War of the Giants finally brings these titans front and center, with a game environment designed specifically with them in mind. And since no booster set that's focused on the biggest monsters in history would be complete without them, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants also includes playable versions of all 3 of the most legendary beasts in Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Egyptian God Cards!
- "Tyrant Dragon" was originally a candidate for being in this pack, but was rejected due to its underperformance in playtesting.
- This set debuted the printing of an archetype condition for the "Archfiend" archetype, clarifying "Axe of Despair" as a member of the archetype for the first time. The remaining "Archfiend" cards without "Archfiend" in their English names would receive conditions later in Legendary Collection 4 Mega-Pack.
- In-Text References
- yugioh-card.com/en Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants
- yugioh-card.com/uk Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants
- yugioh-card.com/oc Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants
- yugioh-card.com/fr Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants (French)
- yugioh-card.com/de Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants (German)
- yugioh-card.com/it Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants (Italian)
- yugioh-card.com/es Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants (Spanish)