Chaining "Mystical Space Typhoon" or "Dust Tornado" to a Normal Spell, Normal Trap Card, Quick-Play Spell Card or Ritual Spell Card has no effect on gameplay, as it does not negate the card's effect. If such a card is activated and is destroyed by a card, its effect still resolves and the card used to destroy it is essentially wasted.
However, if you chain to a Continuous, Field or Equip Spell Card, or a Continuous Trap Card with "Mystical Space Typhoon" or "Dust Tornado", the card is no longer active because it is destroyed, and the effect does not resolve and disappears.
A Continuous Spell Card or Continuous Trap Card must remain on the field for it's effect to resolve; If you activate "Macro Cosmos", and your opponent chains "Mystical Space Typhoon" to its activation, then "Macro Cosmos" is destroyed, and its effect does not resolve; you do not get to Special Summon a "Helios - The Primordial Sun".
- Step 1: Player A activates "Raigeki."
- Step 2: Player B chains "Imperial Order" to negate the effect of "Raigeki".
- Step 3: Player A chains "Mystical Space Typhoon" (or "Dust Tornado") to destroy "Imperial Order."
The chain resolves in reverse.
- Step 3 resolves first. "Mystical Space Typhoon" destroys "Imperial Order" .
- Step 2 would resolve next. "Imperial Order" has been destroyed though and its effect disappears.
- Step 1 resolves last. "Raigeki's" effect activates as normal.